Thursday, May 06, 2010

My thoughts currently

My thoughts on the candidates:


US Senate

I have had the opportunity to meet personally with most of the candidates and will most likely be voting for Mike Lee. I respect Mr. Bridgewater but feel that Mr. Lee comes across as well prepared to take on the status-quo. I was never put off by his response to any questions that I put to him, and found his desire to create a shift back to states rights and responsibilities refreshing. Federal spending, immigration and limited federal powers were my main focus in our discussions. I was only sure that I would not vote for Bennett when I pushed him on earmark spending and got the same answer as his mailer that "it is money that is going to be spent any way." No urgency to moving power back to the states where we can have more input.

US House

I am a strong supporter of Morgan Philpot. I researched his Utah legislative background and feel that he has the momentum and backing to give Matheson a serious challenge. Good to hear more stress on serving the citizens of Utah over bowing to national party politics.

Governor

I will be supporting Gov. Herbert, since I have not felt that the other candidates have mounted a very effective campaign

State Senate

I am still undecided and will be attempting on last contact with Mr. Nielson.

I have enjoyed and have tried to take this responsibility seriously, as the consequences of this electoral cycle is critical. Let me know if you have any questions or opinions

Terry Melendez
State Delegate

2 comments:

Hi02 Secretary said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Hi02 Precinct Chair said...

Terry,

Good writeup. I'm still somewhat conflicted on the State Senate race as well. I've spoken with Dwayne and Howard since my write-up and am now leaning towards Dwayne but that could change in a few minutes.